Cypriot citizenship through Cyprus Investment Programme
Non-Cypriot citizens may apply for the acquisition of the Cypriot citizenship through Cyprus Investment Programme
In accordance with the current legislation, non-Cypriot citizens, investing in Cyprus €2,000,000 and more, have the opportunity to participate in the Cyprus Investment Programme and obtain Cypriot citizenship if they conform to the required criteria.
Within the scope of the Cyprus Investment Programme the citizenship is granted both to the applicant (investor) and his/her family, which includes: his/her spouse (registered marriage) or partner (registered civil union), minor children under 18 y.o. and dependent adult children. In addition, the applicant’s parents, as well as the parents of his/her spouse, can also obtain citizenship, provided that they acquire residential property for themselves worth at least €500,000.
Cyprus is a member of the European Union. The investor is not required to renounce his citizenship, because Cyprus allows its citizens to have several citizenships at the same time. There is no exams on knowledge of the state language and history of the country. Some types of investments are able to generate income immediately after the investment.
From 18 August 2020 new requirements and rules for the obtainment of Cypriot citizenship by foreign investors came into force under the Cyprus Investment Program. In particular, among others, the amount of gratuitous monetary donations has been increased to € 200,000, some changes have been made to the list of permitted investments, and also more requirements to the investor and his family members have been added.
Requirements for the investor and adult members of his/her family which entered into force on 18 August 2020:
(Changes will be published shortly)
- Clean Criminal Record.
- Confirmation of sources of invested funds.
- His/her name must not be included in the list of persons whose assets have been frozen within the boundaries of the EU.
- If an applicant whose application for citizenship in any other member-state of the EU had been rejected, it is not eligible to apply for acquisition of Cyprus citizenship through the Cyprus Investment Programme.
- An applicant must hold a valid Schengen visa.
- An applicant must hold a residence permit in Cyprus for a period of at least 6 months prior to his/her naturalisation. The application for immigration permit can be applied simultaneously with the application for naturalisation. In case the application for naturalisation is rejected for any reason, the immigration permit, obtained in this manner, will be cancelled as well.
- After the period of 5 years, the investor can sell his/her investment package, but must keep permanent own housing with a value of at least €500,000 + VAT.
The list of investments and donations, which entered into force on 18 August 2020, that allow obtaining Cypriot citizenship:
Our company is a registered provider of immigration services, regulated by the Committee of Supervision and Control for the Cyprus Investment Programme, registration No. 062.
We provide to investors the entire package of services related to the submission for the Cypriot citizenship:
- necessary consultations,
- assistance in the selection of investment packages and residential property, depending on the tasks set by the investor,
- support of Cypriot citizenship acquisition procedure through Cyprus Investment Programme.
And also additional and related services:
- support of procedure of civil union conclusion for couples who are not married,
- assistance in relocation and adaptation in Cyprus for investors and their families who have decided to move to Cyprus,
- all administrative tasks solving, from housing and schools for children to organization of business or building a house,
- management and maintenance of your property,
- organization of an operating office in Cyprus, enroll of personnel,
- registration of tax residency of the Republic of Cyprus,
- as well as other services, such as contracts, wills, powers of attorney, consent to travel of child abroad and so on.
Our task is to save you from the inevitable hassle associated with the registration of citizenship and/or relocation, and to make this process for you and your family as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.
For more information, please contact us by e-mail or phone. We will contact you via any communication channel convenient for you (phone, Skype, WhatsApp, Viber, etc.). All communications are strictly confidential.